Templates should help you build Tappable Stories faster, better and more consistently. And they should never limit your freedom to create.
TLDR: Getting started with Tappable templates in 5 quick steps?
- Reach out to us through the Intercom bubble in the bottom right corner of the app.
- We will then activate the templating functionality in your workspace.
- Once active, create a page just like before
- Once the page created, save the page as a template in the page menu
- Re-use the template in any Story on your workspace, choosing templates from the + button in the editor
- That's it
The full explanation fo getting started with Tappable templates!
Let's create a page, or part of a page, like you have always done it! Once you feel comfortable with your design, we'll go to the next step.
Let's head to the 3 little dots of the menu in the top right corner, right above all the blocks. And click on Template.
You will now see a list of the blocks that you have created in your page. You can choose which blocks you want to add to the template and lock them if required.
Locking blocks means that you won't be able to change them, but you can detach them from the template.
You can name your templates. We adopt the Group / Name naming strategy. If you want to group your templates you can do so by using
name of your template.
Once a Template is saved, you can start using it. Just click on the Templates tab when adding a block.
You will find all your templates here, in the template groups.
The purple blocks that show up in the editor is your template. Unlocked template blocks can be changed and locked template blocks can be detached.
Detaching a template block can be done by clicking the 3 little dots on the block itself.
Where can I see all my templates and my templates group?
Head back to your home page and head over to templates in the main menu. You will see all the all your templates and your templates group.
Can you edit a templates?
Currently we don't allow the editing of your templates. But here is the personal trick:
- Use your current Template
- Detach the block where you want to make changes
- And save the new list of blocks as a new Template
There we go, we've just edited the template.